I don’t know about you but my children can eat the exact same meal every single day! Which can get pretty boring for anyone sharing those daily meals…aka Me. So when I starting making Mac N Cheese for the second time this week I knew I had to do something, hence the birth of “Enhanced” Macaroni and Cheese.
● Macaroni and Cheese package (you’ll use both the noodles and the cheese packet)
● sour cream
● ground beef (I had some leftover from taco night)
● can of corn
1) Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and put back into original pot.
2) Add in the cheese package (included with the mac n cheese). Add in a dollop of sour cream and stir. You want it to be about the consistency of mac n cheese fixed the way it normally is.
3) Go buy an awesome can opener and can strainer. Just kidding. 🙂 Kind of. Hubby bought me a new can opener for Christmas this year (I asked for it). It cost a pretty penny (around $20…ouch!), but it’s the best can opener I’ve ever owned! It’s OXO brand in case your wondering. After opening the can I strained off all the liquid with my can strainer, another tool I couldn’t do without in my kitchen. It’s Pampered Chef and works on all standard cans! Then you add it to the Macaroni along with the cooked meat. Stir well and cook for 15 minutes on low. Basically your heating it through.
Brother loved it! I put a little salt and pepper on it and devoured it. I was actually happy to have a few leftovers for the next day instead of dreading the same dish day in and day out.
Do you have a standard lunch meal?