We have a ton of deer meat in our freezer (yum!!) and I’ve been trying to come up with some fun yummy ways to eat it. Not only was this recipe easy and delicious it utilized things I keep in my pantry at all times.
This recipe is highly customizable as well!
Venison Enchilada Stack
• 1 Onion
• 1-2 Tablespoons of Oil
• 1 lb Venison (could use another ground meat)
• Can of Rotel
• Big Can of Enchilada Sauce
• Corn Tortillas
• Shredded Cheese
• Your Favorite Mexican Spices or Taco Seasoning
1) Chop up the onion (without crying I hope).
2) Cook the onion in a small amount of oil in saucepan.
3) Add the venison and cook.
4) Dump in Rotel and half of your can of Enchilada Sauce.
5) Mix in either your taco seasoning or your spices. I like to put in ground mustard, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
6) Pour half of your remaining enchilada sauce into pan and begin stacking.
7) End with a tortilla. Top with the last of your enchilada sauce.
8) Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
9) Eat!! Remember I’m not a food photographer by any means so this picture isn’t very pretty.
It tastes ridiculously delicious!!